SPRINGFIELD IN BLOOM
There currently aren’t any plans to offer a Springfield In Bloom contest.
There are several ways YOU can become involved:
- Donate materials to a neighborhood group or non-profit organization in need of perennials, trees or bulbs.
- Get your hands dirty by finding a church, school or boulevard in need of beautification and GO FOR IT! Send pictures of your project as it unfolds and it will be featured in an upcoming issue of The Illinois Times.
- Adopt-A-Street and clean up some roadway. Dozens of city streets are in need of adoption. Visit www.springfield.il.us/green to find a street that needs help.
- Volunteer to plant and weed. Sometime in late May volunteer will be needed to plan downtown containers and gateway gardens around the city. Email us if you are able to help.
- Make a cash donation! Springfield Green, 800 E. Monroe, Springfield, IL 62701